Ohio's capital city will once again host the Central Environmental Nursery Trade Show (CENTS) Exhibition this January, offering a winter wonderland of a different kind. All that is green will get a dusting of something extra with a slate of programs and events designed to add another layer of interest to this already successful annual event.
"We keep the show fresh to ensure that attendees and exhibitors find the business, education and entertainment opportunities engaging and worthwhile," states Kevin Thompson, executive director of ONLA, which sponsors the annual exhibition. "With great competition for the time, resources and energy of our audience, we can only continue to be as successful as we are by creating an experience that's compelling."
CENTS is known for drawing thousands of green industry professionals from across the nation with groundbreaking authors and speakers, innovative classes and powerful commercial and networking opportunities. This year's festivities are decidedly friendly, building on CENTS' centerpiece offering that no amount of digital communication can replace: face-to-face meetings. This includes:
- "Ale, Ale: The Gang's All Here" Welcome Reception & Beer Tasting Opening Night
- Awards Night & Dessert Reception to celebrate the winning projects from the 40th Annual Landscape Awards Program and unveil the 2013 Landscape Project of the Year, and winners of ONLA's prestigious Distinguished Contribution Awards, Service Award, Educator and Public Service Award and Young Professional Award, as well as recipients of $20,000 in ONLA scholarships.
- VIP Reception with legendary author and industry star Dr. Michael Dirr.
- ONLA Annual Business Meeting & Luncheon to connect to green industry leadership and vote on important ONLA business and network with peers.
- Pink in Green: Women's Networking Event led by national speaker Nancy Stoll, seeks to connect and inspire green industry women who are increasingly cutting a swath of success in their field as the number of green women grows.
The CENTS conference is slated for January 14-16, 2013 at The Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus, Ohio, only 500 miles from 80 percent of the U.S. population. The CENTS Exposition is the only Midwest-centric venue of its kind for green industry professionals. The conference draws 400+ exhibitors and roughly 8,000 attendees including: growers, independent garden centers, landscape contractors, arborists, turf, and pest management professionals each year.